Thursday, December 9, 2010

My special experiences in Australia (1)

Last year, I stopped my major because I wanted to go to Australia.
Actually, English is my main purpose but working and traveling are also my purpose for going Australia.
So, I learned English in UQ university which is very popular in Australia
(you can imagine UQ university like korea or yeonsae university in Korea)
Also, I had a three job such as seller, waitress, office cleaner.
And I could travel Melbourne, Sydney and Canberra before going back to Korea.
Maybe you can have some questions like "How could you do all things?"
The answer is "I have got Working holiday visa"
If you get a working holiday visa, you can study, work and travel.
This will be very special experience to you.
Now, I'm gonna introduce my special experiences in Australia.




 1. Working (Job)

Actually, I had three jobs in Australia because I want to travel a lot. But, I want to introduce seller experience. I was wall sticker seller. Every weekend, many flea market held around my house. In korea, there not many flea markets, but flea market is very general thing in Australia. Even though products are not sold well, they just enjoy kind of rest. In fact, I had to sell wall sticker as long as I can because this is my part time job. So I always envy them who are taking a rest even though this is market. Also, Australian usually rent their house because house is very expensive, so wall sticker was very popular even I could sell 1400 dollars each day. Always many australian who bought wall sticker in my shop said to me that this is very genius becuase there are few wall sticker shops in Australia. Therefore, I could get many incentives. I can't forget this experience.





 2. Volunteer (CVA : Conservation Volunteer Australia)

Before I go back to korea, I applied to CVA which is kind of volunteering in Australia for nature. Actually, Australia think that nature is very important. So whenever it's night, there are few street lamp because of protecting animals. I was very impressed their mind. That's why I applied to CVA. For one week, I worked in Brisbane CVA office with 6 people. Every morning, after waking up, we took a bus for going to place which is located to mountain. My main part is like picking many weeds, transplanting trees, cleaning and so on. My partners are all korean so we had great time after working by making food, talking Australia life. (My team leader is Australian). After finishing my volunteer, I could get certificate like that picture.






 3. Feeding ( Kangaroo, Koala)

In korea, whenever I went to zoo, I couldn't meet animals directly except for safari. Even, we can't feed animal in front of animals. But if you go to Australia zoo, you can hug animal like koala, you can feed to kangaroo. I'm sure this is very special experience. At first, I was nervous cause this is first time to touch animal directly. Even they usually come to me closely. But after few minutes, you can be close with animals.
They can feel comfortable near us. Don't be scared. I could feed, you can do it !


No comments:

Post a Comment

please comment ~~~ it makes me happy ^0^