Saturday, December 11, 2010

My special experiences in Australia (2)



4. Learning English in UQ university

As I said, my main purpose for going to Australia is to learn English. Actually, my major is English but I'm not goot at English. So when I had to talk to foreigner, I was always nervous because if I make a mistake during talking, I think that they laugh at me. So, I decided to go to Australia for learning English. Usually, most korean who want to learn English, they go to general academy in city. They usually take general English class or class for getting English test score. But, I wanted something new. "I can live in Australia just for 6 month, this is last chance to live foreign country, I have to find something new place for learning English!" So, everyday, I found special class for my English. Actually, I wanted to learn English in Australia university. Therefore, I found one university in Brisbane which is very famous in Australia. That is UQ university. This university is very famous in Australia like sydney university. In this university, there is one class for general English little different from city academy. If I go to city academy,  usually I meet korean, japanese and chinese. But, in this university, I met many variety of country's people like Columbia, Iran, Hongkong, France, Brizil and Chinese. This is very special experience also. We could talk to many things about their country's culture. In addition, Mina and I were the youngest in this class, they really like us. So we hold a party with all people, shared food. I'll never forget my friends who I meet in this class.




5. My First Australian Teacher

He is my teacher who taught English to me in UQ university. His name is Darren. He always showed many pictures for Australia so I could see many pictures about Australia. Also, He gave many topics for improving our English, so we had to talk to this topic every class because he really wanted to improve our English speaking. I really thank Darren. He is my first Australian English teacher and last teacher. Thank you for his effort.


No comments:

Post a Comment

please comment ~~~ it makes me happy ^0^